Food additives to improve quality, meet processing needs, prolong the shelf life for the purpose of food production and processing in the process of storage of a class of fine chemicals.
Food additive refers to a kind of chemical synthesis or natural material which is used to improve food quality, prolong food retention, facilitate food processing and increase food nutrition ingredients. Food additive is to improve food color, aroma, taste and other quality, Food Additves as well as for anti-corrosion and processing technology needs to join the food of the chemical or natural substances.
Food additive itself is not used as food or drug consumption, but should conform to the provisions of the Food hygiene law.
Food additives are generally subject to acute, subacute, Food Additves chronic and teratogenic toxicity tests, after the test, approved by the relevant government departments can be used. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Codex Committee (CCFA) have developed standards and regulations for food additives to progressively unify the types and standards of food additives worldwide.
Thousands of years ago, the salt and spices and other natural substances added to the food, which can be said to be a class of food additives used at the time. followed by the use of food coloring red koji (for fermented bean curd, etc.), safflower, gardenia pigment; make salted ham and other meats of the flesh red fat, Food Additves the production of tofu used in brine, steamed bread used in the alkali and so on. With the development of science and technology, many chemical synthetic additives, such as preventing bread aging, moldy dough modifier and preservative, preventing the spoilage of oil-rich food, and various synthetic spices and edible pigments, have appeared.
Food additive as an auxiliary ingredient can directly or indirectly become food ingredient, but can not affect the characteristics of food, is not containing contaminants do not improve food nutrition for the purpose of substances. China's "Food additive hygiene standards" will be divided into 22 categories: preservatives, antioxidants, hair color agent, bleach, sour agent, solidification agent, loose agent, thickening agent, defoaming agent, sweetener, colorant, emulsifier, quality improver, anti-junction agent, flavoring agent, enzyme preparation, membrane agent, foaming agent, preservative, spices, Nutritional enhancer, other additives.
In order to ensure that food additives are used correctly in food, the following principles are generally used:
1. The safety evaluation of food toxicology proves that it is safe and harmless for human being to use the limit in its use for a long time.
2, does not affect the food's own sensory characteristics and physical and chemical indicators, the nutritional composition does not destroy the role.
3. Food additives shall be promulgated and approved by the Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China on the use of hygienic standards and quality standards.
4, the food additive should have the clear examination method in the application.
5. The use of food additives shall not cover the deterioration of food spoilage or adulteration, forgery for the purpose.
6, may not operate and use no health permit, Food Additves no product inspection qualified and pollution of spoilage food additives.
7. Food additive can be destroyed or eliminated after it has been processed, cooked or stored, and it is more safe to consume the human body when it achieves certain use.
- What Is Organic?
- Organic Chemistry Research
- The Definition Of Food Additives
- Characteristics Of Food Additives
- Food Additive Does Not Amount To Il...
- Primary Role Of Food Additives
- The Main Classification Of Food Add...
- Safety Standard For Food Additives
- How To Treat Food Additives
- Food Additive Industry
- Fertilizers Are Materials That Prov...
- Phosphates Are The Most Widely Used
- Food Additive Has Greatly Promoted ...
- Phosphates Are An Important Quality...
- Fertilizers Meet The Needs Of Crop ...